Friday, October 30, 2015

Where to now?

So those who follow my weight loss facebook group (and if you dont why not???? jk) will know ive made a few decisions of late.

So what were the decisions? The first one was a big one and even after posting I still felt really guilty about it...today a few days later I am feeling quite content with the decision :) AND the decision was to take a break from attending a gym. Ive done it for years and just tired of it. I was putting money into gym memberships and personal trainers....but I wasnt putting 100% of me into it. For months now its felt like a job. Something I had to do and didnt really enjoy doing and when I skipped a night feeling incredibly guilty. So I came to the conclusion to take a break from it and focus on my eating.

Which led me too...what am I going to do about my eating? What do I really need if I ever want to be successful? The answer to that for me, and most likely most people is support. And that was a main factor in deciding I will return to weight watchers. In a perfect world i would attend meetings...but people! This is not a perfect world ;) so I will be doing it online. The ww community on instagram is quite big and that was a huge factor in this decision. I have since also joined a ww FB group which is rather active....lots of threads on food ideas, the plan etc so Im spending quite a bit of time on there! My plan is to resign up on saturday 7th as I want a lil break from tracking. I am planning to prolly buy some ww food scales this week (as mine are not reliable) and start to spend time being creative with my food, as fiona would say, start to focus on enjoying my journey.

My achilles is still a issue. I am doing my calve stretches...will give that a few weeks and then if no difference I will need to see a podiatrist to get orthotics.

As to the gym I definitely wont step into one again this year lol. Maybe early next year, or maybe ill look at doing workouts at home. Certainly I think I have invested enough money on PTs over the years...if i want a successful exercise life....once the time comes I think I will rely on myself and motivate myself (and really there is so much free information on the net and I have good form I dont really need a PT)

No comments: