Saturday, September 19, 2015

Quality over quantity

So I am nearing the end of day 2.

No diet coke. No cheese (apart from feta which at this stage I havent had anyway). No whey products including protein powders and quest bars (this is a struggle). Most days eating burgen bread instead of white or multigrain. And aiming for as much natural, organic foods as possible.

So far so good. I have had headaches from cutting out the diet coke but have lived on panadeine forte for the past 27 hours or so LOL (i take panadeine forte as I am allergic to nurofen). Which has meant I have slept a lot. 11 hours last night and I have just woken from a nap.

The hardest thing so far is breakfast. I leave for work as early as 6.05am and I eat my breakfast at work. For that reason, rolled oats and protein powder has worked a treat for me...but I have felt I have been having too much protein powder. When I research whey protein powder and PCOS I get a lot of varying opinions on whether it is a issue or not. I did look on examine.com....and it didnt say that whey affects hormone levels....and I suspect 30 grams a day would be fine...90 grams a day not so much ;) Anyway back to breakfast, I need a easy portable breakfast and actually really like my oats :( When I lost the weight before I ate weetbix with honey and milk everyday....I dont mind weetbix but dont love them and due to ear/balance issues have been avoiding milk since approx april so dont really want to reintroduce it. This morning I had oats, with natural peanut butter. Which is fine to have...definitely very natural....the only issue is I also have gone back to a banana with PB for my snack too...so it may be too much fat. Then again I am cutting out cheese.

Ultimately at the moment I am trying to eat very bare then I will slowly add SOME things back in to see if I can maintain weight loss. I mean if over the next few weeks I do consistently lose...well haha *throws hands up in the air"....no if the losses dont happen there are a couple of things I could try (before I see the dietician and exercise physiologist) I could try dropping the cals to 1200...I could also try carb cycling...and also dramatically increasing my exercise (not tempted by this at all lol). But eating this way worked last time...so I guess I will be surprised if it doesnt work. If it doesnt tho...all joking aside....the exercise will need to increase....but we will see..its not like I am doing NO exercise at the moment...just not the same level as 4 years ago.

Its interesting, ive listened for years to the "your not a special snowflake" people suggesting...one cardio is pointless...heavy lifting was the only way to go and you need to eat more...and as long as you are in a calorie deficit you will lose weight. Well damn im obviously a special snowflake LOL cos being in a calorie deficit is no guarantee I will lose...going back to what Jillian says...not about quantity but quality :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Baahaa special snowflake ... Yes you are ... Yes you are Never heard that saying before but I love it
Have you tried the protein enriched Weetbix ... I don't find they taste any different
Just a thought 😊