Saturday, July 04, 2015

Working out my workouts

So another good day...day 2 of absolutely no diet coke...the scales havent moved at all (in fact up 200 grams from wednesday mornings weigh in) and i think thats a message of "kazz get back to the gym" lol

So for the next 7 weeks I am working tuesday to saturdays...and oddly saturdays is going to turn into my rest day. The bonus of all this, while im not a huge fan of working on saturdays....I dont have to get up at 5.30am....instead....6.30am...and it allows for me to create a routine....so this is what my intention is for the next 7 weeks:

monday: PT session plus body pump and body balance
tuesday: PT and body pump
wednesday: Not positive yet on this day....possibly will do functional fit but it will take some reorganising and not positive i have the guts to do it lol
thursday:RPM plus my own workout (see below)
friday: body pump
saturday: rest day
sunday: my own workout (see below)

So in relation to my own workout my trainer gave me a list of exercises breaking them up into upper body, lower body and core, as well as that there are a few exercises i specifically want to include (some compound lifts....nothing overly heavy....altho I will try and progress them but specifically wanna focus on form) plus I occassionally see some nifty exercises on youtube I wanna include. So my intention is 2 sets of 12 reps unless otherwise stated:

5 minute cardio warm up
Upper Body:

Flat barbell bench press
Inclined dumbbell bench press
Cable flys
Upright row
Shoulder press
pushups against smith machine
TRX row
Ball slams (20 reps)
Tricep dips
Tricep kickbacks
Dumbbell boxing
Bicep curls
Reverse bicep curls

Lower body:
Barbell squats
Barbell lunges
Lunges on smith machine with knee high
Calf raises standing on weight plate
Barbell dead lift
Walking lunges
Leg press
Squat jump

Core:
Mountain climbers (50)
Supermans
Plank (1 minute)
Fitball crunch
Heel touches alternate (25)
Bridge

My intention is on thursdays to do the upper body first and on sundays to do the lower body first so while I am doing overall body....they are both getting a focus by having a go each week with me doing them fresh.

I am not positive of the order within each group....like if barbell squats should come before lunges etc....but I guess I will figure that out while I go along. I am intending to go into the gym tomorrow and start tomorrow. I really need to figure out a way to record it all so I can keep a record to ensure I am progressing. Also at the end of each of these sessions....my plan is to start with 5 minutes on the stair climber and hopefully (if my knee joints can handle it) build it up to 15-20 minutes.

Oh I cleaned out my wardrobe today...threw out 1.5 garbage bags full of clothes....found a couple of pairs of size 18 jeans (one even manages t d the zipper up altho tight as crap!), 4 LJ tanks in size XL (two still with tags) and the two without tags? Never recall buying them haha....I found another super nice LJ top but thats a size M...I have so much good LJ clothes to shrink into! ;) So I have two wardrobes at my house...one in my bedroom has the clothes that currently fit me plus clothing items in size 16-18 range....stuff smaller then that is in the wardrobe in my spare room. Only thing left to do now is ..... clean out the blanket box....there is soooooooooooooooooo much LJ stuff in there....mostly S, XS and M but I need to sort it out and throw out any clothes I never plan on wearing again lol.

Tonight I am home...having taken some panadeine forte.....i fell asleep earlier...and woke with a throbbing headache i guess related to the no diet coke. I took panadeine forte so much last year with that bloomin cough that i must be a bit immune too it as it no longer knocks me out like it use too....lol...

Okay...i am off to watch some netflix...enjoy ur weekend all :)

No comments: