Sunday, June 15, 2014

New beginnings!

So time for honesty hour. There have been so many posts of mine of late saying "tomorrow i am eating this many calories and getting back on track"...then it doesnt happen.

I have to look at this and look at what has and hasnt worked. Eating 1200 calories doesnt work. Cutting out or being told to cut out or back on my bread intake doesnt help. Regular attendance at the gym does help it gets and keeps me motivated. It needs to come back to simply eating healthy foods, foods I like, calorie controlled (but not excessive) and exercising 4-6 days per week. I think its also important that I focus on my support system as well so that is what I am trying to do.

Apart from last week with my injury my exercise has been good for a few months. So the exercise part i already have...specially week nights...the attending on saturday morning tho needs work!

A while ago...prolly 20 kilos ago (was 20 kilos lighter) I got some advice from some people online. They told me eat 1800 calories...a minimum of 130 grams of protein and 70 grams of fat. So I am going to go back to that...I remember how not on the scales moved but the changes in a month following what they recommended led to some big changes so I want to go back to doing that.

I am currently closer to 110 kilos then 100 kilos...once a food addict always a food addict. But the thing is I have done this before...I can do it again :)

I am planning to run the city to bay in september (12km run). Not this week but the week after I am hoping to start to train for it. I sprained a facet joint in my lower spine 2 weeks ago and i have been given the go ahead to slowly start runnig and jumping...i will wait another week before i start runnning of decent amounts.

So if you are keen to follow my journey more there is lots of places online you can....
facebook : http://www.facebook.com/kazzsjourney
My fitness pal : username : kazzsjourney2goal
tumblr: kazzsjourney.tumblr.com

This weeks workouts will look like this:

monday : 30 minutes boxing (if my back feels okay) + 30 minutes Pt session (weights)
tuesday : Physio session
wednesday : 45 minutes RPM session + 30 min Pt session (metabolic fat burning session)
thursday : rest day
friday : 20-30 minutes cross trainer + 30 min Pt session (strength/stability session)
Saturday : 60 minutes body pump (if my back feels up to it I will do a 60 minute body balance class too)







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good on you for being honest! I know you can do it! You have done it before and you will do it again!!