Thursday, July 21, 2011

My exercise routine....

My brain has been in overdrive today. When i was at PT today and fiona was talking about ensuring i have recovery days...i mentioned i feel guilty when i dont do everything i actually have time for. I mean lets face it at the moment i have the time to be at the gym 10 hours a day if i wanted...obviously i wouldnt cos not only is it not good for you im also not a sadist ;). But at the same time lately i am really having to force myself to go to the gym. Ive never been a HUGE lover of the gym and probably wont ever be....but before i went on holidays i was fine. I enjoyed it (ok semi enjoyed it lol). When i think about it...i think it comes down to a couple of things....one i wasnt going to the gym several times per day)....i was going in the evening and that was it (or mornings on saturdays), i was also only going monday, tuesday, thursday and saturday. So plenty of recovery days. And at the most i was going two days running. Part of me was thinking maybe i just need a complete break from the gym for a few weeks...but that's not the answer. I need to get it thru my head that i dont need to spend a huge proportion of my days while on holidays at the gym. So i'm gonna just work on doing the days i normally do when at work and only go in once a day....monday, tuesday, thursday and saturday. I just need to try and not feel guilty, this is where i think the biggest loser mentality has got into me and been bad for me. So saturday i was going to go for a walk around the torrens....i just checked the weather for saturday and its predicting a shower or two...so i think i will cancel that and just go in to the gym and do the things i enjoy more then others....so 30 minutes of stair climbing (yes sad i know but it is something i enjoy) and just body balance. Monday i will only do PT with some stair climbing (no combat/boxing monday evening), tuesday ill do boxing....thursday PT...thats 4 sessions over the next 7 days....it wont be burning heaps of calories....but its getting me to the gym semi regularly. But ive cut my calories back anyway so it shouldnt really effect things (and seeing as the big exercise hasnt had the scales dramatically moving maybe its just better to pull back and ensure my diet is 110% spot on)

1 comment:

Martine (email: mdally@internode.on.net) said...

Kazz. Don't take this the wrong way - you need to relax darling. Take care Martine x