Monday, October 19, 2009

Fitness Classes

My mind is whirring today ;) i was jsut reading on the ww forum about someone who does 4 pump classes a week...damn i am envious! I really really wish i felt comfortable enuff to do classes...i know u should have the attitude that I am doing best for me so who cares what others think about it...but u know i do care! Im not miss confident in the gym and maybe i never will be but i really really wish i could feel comfortable and not out of place at them...i would go to the gym more often. I know i simply should not care what others think...but when ur my size and also when u have been 171 kilos and dont think u really have that ability...its hard to get my head around it. I know people think i exercise a lot (and i guess in essence i do) but i still doubt my ability to do stuff...whenever fiona gives me new stuff im always like what? are you serious? On saturday fiona had me do a squat against a wall...while doing boxing jabs and uppercuts...sounds easy enuff eh? oh did i mention one leg has to be off the ground while doing it? She showed me and i just looked at her like she was a mad woman (which i think she is ! lol) but i was like...i cant do that...and it took me a bit to get use to it but i did manage...but it just makes me realise how much self doubt i have especially when in the gym. I really just wish i could say f*** it and just get on with it...

2 comments:

Jody said...

Awww c'mon Karyn, just say f*** it and do it!! Who cares?? Just have fun doing whatever you are doing and honestly don't give a thought to what anyone thinks, because to be honest more than likely no one is even thinking about you...they are only thinking about their own exercise program, tv show, or music on their MP3.

When I go to the gym, if I notice anyone, it's only that I've seen them before and you know me and my big mouth I usually end up talking to them if just to say hi, but I don't care what they can or can't do. Start working on your confidence and body...and if you can't do something...just laugh and joke.

You really should see my old butt in kickboxing with all these young fit youngsters...I just laugh at myself when I can't do something and whine to the leader that I'm old enough to be his mother and be kind to me..lol!!

And to this kid who is so fit and wears these ankle weights and jumps ropes all fancy and fast...I'm huffing and puffing and yelling at him..."C'mon Chris, you're a slacker!! You can do better than that!!" LOL!

Bottom line "Just have fun!!"

266 said...

Congrats! I have something for you on my blog...