Friday, March 10, 2017

Update and where things are at

Ive decided to really return to my blog...mostly for the reason I find it helpful to write things out...it helps me get things straight in my head :)

I got back on track properly on boxing day. Over the previous few months I had lost about 5 kilos and since boxing day i have lost about another 8-9 kilos which sounds awesome right? Most of that was lost in the first few weeks following christmas (water weight) since late january I have lost a whole 1.5 kilos (approximately). Have i been on track? Yep totally lol...ive made numerous changes to try and get the weight loss happening again....eating clean....omitting soy...only eating 1 grain meal per day....Ive tried some low calorie days and some high calorie days...regardless....one day im in the low 119's the next day im around 120 kilos....then the following day back in the low 119's again. To say this is getting frustrating is the understatement of the year.

Ive been doing the Goodlife 12 week challenge...today is the last day of week 3. I go on the facebook group and see so many people saying...ive lost 6 kilos, ive lost 8 kilos....and there i am not having even managed 2 kilos :(

There is definitely a part of me that wonders if i am too old for this. I am 49....maybe i need to settle into this weight. I gave up the diet coke in december (havent had it for 3 months tomorrow)...I drink a minimum of 3 litres of water EVERY day...i sleep well...i eat 1700 calories currently (might be time to cut it back) and i exercise 5 days a week. Starting this week I added in a extra session on mondays of running....and my 5th session which was weights and cardio....we are now changing to just some steady state cardio (walking). So four sessions per week are a mix of weights and cardio (a lot of intervals/circuit training and i would classify them for me very intensive workouts)

Currently my sessions look like this:

monday : PT session in the AM
                Running session with Fiona in the PM
tuesday: PT session in the AM
wednesday: 60 minute bootcamp
thursday: rest day
friday: Weight/cardio session
Saturday: walk 5km
Sunday: rest day

So currently here is my options:

Lower my calories
Get some guidance on my macros/calories
Increase exercise (especially cardio - maybe some cycle classes)
See a naturopath (maybe the issue is related back to my PCOS)

So thats where things are at....that said I am not giving up....altho there is a part of me that thinks i need to accept this...but not quite ready to accept that just yet.

Also, that said...I am losing centimetres....and I know people think...well if you are losing centimetres it is working....and to a point I agree....BUT when you have 40-50 kilos to lose...and in deficit...you should be losing on the scales regardless (thats my opinion...maybe wrong but still my opinion)

Weigh in day tomorrow...I was up last week...and as of this morning i was up another 400 grams...will see where things stand tomorrow morning :)

No comments: